at a stone's throw
La Chambre is located at a stone’s throw from Sarlat-la-Canéda (4km),in the heart of the golden triangle in the heart of wilderness where calmand serenityprevails.
Within less than 10 km from La Chambre, you can discover :
- Sarlat-la-Canéda the exciting medieval city and its famous market
- Beynac on the edge of the Dordogne and its majestic castle
- The Castle of Castelnaud on its promontory
- Les Milandes once inhabited by Josephine Baker and her « Rainbow Tribe »
- The Castle de Marqueyssac and its gardens… and of course the last and not the least, our favorite, Commarque.
- The water gardens of Carsac,
- but also Dommewhich overlooks the valley, La Roque-Gageac, the Céou valley, the huts of Breuil and many more
A little further...
A little further on, the Valley of Man kind and our history with its many caves, prehistoric sites and troglodyte fortresses along the romantic river Vézère.
- The international center of parietal art of Montignac-Lascaux
- La Roque Saint-Christophe
- The Cro-Magnon shelter at Les Eyzies-de-Tayac
- Saint-Léon sur Vézère, a small village that you will love
But also :
- The chasm of Padirac
- Rocamadour and the Black Virgin
If you don’t mind a bit of exercise, the Dordogne can be explored by the many hiking trails, mountain biking or kayaking.
And why not from higher up whilst tree climbing, rock climbing or on board of a hot air ballon.
It would take a life time to explore all the possibilities the Dordogne region can offer…